PRESENTATION OF THE POLISH SPACE INDUSTRY AT EXPO 2020 IN DUBAI
Poland has joined the global discussion on the future of the space industry at Expo 2020 in Dubai. From 19 to 30 October, the Polish Pavilion will host the Polish Space Agency – its exhibition will be presented in the temporary exhibition zone alongside a number of other diplomatic, political, business, and scientific events. The Polish Space Agency will also join the International Astronautical Congress in Dubai. The Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH) is responsible for the entire organisational process behind Poland’s participation in Expo 2020.
- The Polish Investment and Trade Agency serves as one of the Technical Partners of Poland’s participation in Expo 2020 in Dubai.
- A presentation of the potential of the Polish space sector is part of a comprehensive economic programme developed by the Polish Investment and Trade Agency for Expo 2020, which will benefit 2,500 Polish firms. On 19 October, the Polish Pavilion will host the Visegrád Group meeting that will gather space industry leaders from V4 countries to discuss space policy priorities and opportunities for development in Central Europe.
- On 27 October, the Innovations and trends in space industry seminar will be held in the Polish Pavilion, and will present possibilities of cooperation between Polish and Arab space industry and the portfolios of space industry companies.
- From 25 to 30 October, in the temporary exhibition space of the Pavilion, the Polish Space Agency will present ‘Golem’ – an artistic installation by Marta Flisykowska, inspired by Stanisław Lem.
- A number of workshops, lectures, and screenings will be held in the workshop space and on the stage located outside the Polish Pavilion.
We are extremely excited to be hosting the Polish Space Agency in the Polish Pavilion. We are glad that the Polish space technology sector will add a very interesting element to our presentation of the country. In the United Arab Emirates, popularising knowledge of the potential of the space industry is one of the key priorities – in politics, the economy, education, and entertainment. The permanent exhibition in the Polish Pavilion includes a number of references to the space sector that will be further discussed during the presentation of the Polish Space Agency in late October. We would like to invite you to visit the Polish Pavilion! – comments Adrian Malinowski, Commissioner General of the Polish Section Expo 2020 Dubai.
‘The Polish space industry is highly versatile and offers huge export and investment potential. We want to present it at Expo 2020 Dubai. During the World Exhibition we will showcase innovative solutions created by Polish companies, manufacturing centres, and scientific institutes. Our mission at Expo 2020 is creating opportunities for Polish companies, so they could establish new relations with players on the Middle Eastern and African markets. We also want to increase the inflow of foreign investments to the country. – says Krzysztof Drynda, President of the Board of the Polish Investment and Trade Agency.
The United Arab Emirates, the host of Expo 2020, is one the key countries to appreciate the potential of space industry investments. In 2019, Hazza al-Mansuri was the first UAE astronaut to spend over a week in the International Space Station and, in 2021, the first Arab interplanetary space probe reached the Mars orbit.
The space sector is one of the most innovative branches of our economy. It is an emerging industry in Poland, but today – nearly 10 years after joining the European Space Agency in 2012 – we are confident in saying that it is doing really well. Polish companies are working on innovative solutions and taking part in numerous international missions, and Polish technologies are gaining worldwide recognition. We have excellent experts in scientific instruments, robotics, electronics, satellites, nanosatellites, 3D printing, space fuel, AI, coding, databases and data analysis – stresses Grzegorz Wrochna, President of the Polish Space Agency.